Easter Outreach Offering 2023
The season leading up to Easter is a time to remember the greatest act of generosity imaginable: “Christ loved us and gave himself for us” (Eph. 5:2).
Every year at Easter, the members of ACC respond to Christ’s generosity by giving a special Easter Outreach Offering. The purpose of this offering is to help our church fulfill its budgetary commitment to missions and outreach. This year our goal is to raise $20,000 through our Easter giving.
The Easter Outreach Offering will be given at ACC on Easter Sunday, April 9. Everyone is invited to participate. ACC members are encouraged to give a donation beyond the level of their regular giving.
The Easter Outreach Offering is dedicated entirely to needs outside our own regular operating budget. Here are some of the ministries that ACC helps to support:
- Macklann & Rose Basse, Togo, West Africa – The Basse’s work with Presbyterian Mission International, serving in their home country of Togo. Rose serves as principal of New Beginnings School, providing education for over 190 children in the city of Lome. Macklann is pastor and planter of Amana Presbyterian Church.
- Gary & Lois Watanabe, Japan – Career missionaries with our denomination, Gary and Lois moved to Japan in 2015 where they work with the City-to-City Asia Pacific network, helping with a church planting movement in major cities throughout Asia.
- Cedric & Wendy C., East Asia – Cedric and Wendy are medical doctors working with OMF International. (Wendy is a pediatrician. Cedric is an HIV specialist.) They and their three children were home in the U.S. when the COVID pandemic began and, after months of doing their work remotely, have finally been able to return to the country where they serve.
- Chris Trimpe, Cru – Through her ministry with Cru, Chris reached out for years to teens in New York City public high schools. Now residing in Boston, she leads the Cru high school outreach team there. We are thrilled to be able to help support the great work Chris is doing.
- Jim & Carin Fredere, Hillside Center for Education – Jim and Carin (members of ACC) reach out to the Muslim community of southern Queens through the work of the Hillside Center for Education, helping their neighbors to reach their language, education, and career goals, and lovingly sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Mercy Fund, Astoria – We are committed to helping our church members and others in times of need. With funds provided by our Easter offering, our Diaconate has assisted individuals and families with needs such as: rent, utilities, medical bills, and counseling expenses. Given the difficult economic realities of living in New York City, it is vital that we remain a congregation that is prepared to help people in need.
- Outreach Ministries, Astoria – ACC members serve in various ways throughout our neighborhood. Part of the Easter offering is used for expenses connected with these ministries, including:
- Food Pantry Outreach (with Hour Children)
- Bible Club (sharing Christ with local school-aged children)
- Vacation Bible Club (weeklong summer evening program in nearby park)
- ESL Program (teaching English to our neighbors)
- Safe Families for Children (helping at-risk families in practical ways)
- Faith & Finance (financial literacy training program)
- Hillside Center for Education (helping at a community development center)
Please pray for these ministries, and for the Easter Outreach Offering. Pray that God will enable us to give generously for the advancement of his kingdom. Our goal for this year’s offering is $20,000.
Pray for the Lord to help you discern what you should give. Any amount will be appreciated and helpful.
We will give our Easter Outreach Offering at the worship services on Easter Sunday, April 9. If you are unable to attend ACC that day, you can send your offering to the church by mail or online.
See astoriachurch.org for information on how to give. Please click Easter Offering on the drop down menu online.