Easter Outreach Offering
Every year at Easter, the members of ACC give a special offering to help reach our congregational financial goals for missions and outreach. This year our goal is to raise $25,000 through our Easter Outreach Offering.
The Easter Outreach Offering will be given at ACC on Easter Sunday, April 12. Everyone is invited to participate in this offering. ACC members are encouraged to give a donation beyond the normal level of their tithe.
I want to challenge you to pray about how you can participate in this act of giving.
The Easter Outreach Offering is dedicated entirely to needs outside our own regular operating budget. Here are some of the ministries that ACC has been helping to support:
- Cedric & Wendy C., East Asia – Cedric and Wendy are medical doctors working with OMF International. (Wendy is a pediatrician. Cedric is an HIV specialist.) Currently in New York on a temporary furlough, Cedric and Wendy have been living with their two children in Eastern Asia working in a medical clinic.
- Gary & Lois Watanabe, Japan – Career missionaries with our denomination, Gary and Lois moved to Japan in 2015 where they are working with City to City Asia Pacific networks, helping with a church planting movement in major cities throughout Asia.
- Chris Trimpe, Cru – Chris has been working with Cru for years, reaching out to teens in New York City public high schools. She has recently been asked to move to Boston to provide leadership to the Cru high school outreach there. We are thrilled to be able to continue to support the great work Chris is doing.
- Macklann & Rose Basse, Togo, West Africa – The Basse’s work with Presbyterian Mission International, serving in their home country of Togo. Rose serves as principal of New Beginnings School, providing education for over 190 children in the city of Lome. Macklann is pastor and planter of Amana Presbyterian Church.
- Jim & Carin Fredere, GEmS – Jim and Carin (members of ACC) reach out to the Muslim community of southern Queens through the work of Global Empowerment Services, helping their neighbors to reach their language, education, and career goals, and lovingly sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Mercy Fund, Astoria – We are committed to helping our church members and others in times of need. With funds provided by our Easter offering, our Diaconal team has assisted individuals and families with needs such as: rent, utilities, medical bills, and counseling expenses. Given the difficult economic realities of living in New York City, it is vital that we remain a congregation that is prepared to help people in need.
- Outreach Ministries, Astoria – ACC members serve in various ways throughout our neighborhood. Part of the Easter offering is used for expenses connected with these ministries, including:
- After-school Homework Help (at the Variety Boys & Girls Club).
- Food Pantry Outreach (with Hour Children)
- Bible Club (sharing Christ with local school-aged children)
- Vacation Bible Club (weeklong summer evening Bible club in nearby park)
- ESL Program (teaching English to our neighbors)
- Safe Families for Children (helping at-risk families in practical ways)
- Street Fair Prayer Tent
- Faith & Finances (financial literacy training program)
Please pray for these ministries, and for the Easter Outreach Offering. Pray that God will enable us to give generously for the advancement of his kingdom. Our goal for this year’s offering is $25,000.
I hope you are able to participate in the Easter Outreach Offering. Ask the Lord to help you discern what you should give. Any amount will be fine, if given for God’s glory.
We will be giving our Easter Outreach Offering at the worship services on April 12. If you are unable to attend ACC that day, you are welcome to send your offering to the church by mail or you can give online by clicking “give” at the top of this webpage.
More in Blog
March 31, 2020Soul restoration What would it take to restore your soul?
March 27, 2020Worshiping Remotely
March 26, 2020A Psalm for Those Sheltering in Place