Letter from Pastor David - Easter Outreach Offering
Dear Friend of ACC,
This fiscal year our church has committed to giving over $50,000 to missions, mercy care, and outreach. On Easter Sunday, we will be collecting a special offering to help fulfill that commitment. Our goal is to raise $25,000 through our Easter Outreach Offering.
The Easter Outreach Offering will be given at ACC on Easter Sunday, April 17th. Everyone is invited to participate. ACC members are encouraged to give a donation beyond the level of their regular giving.
The Easter Outreach Offering is dedicated entirely to needs outside the operational expenses of running our church. Here are some of the ministries that ACC helps to support:
- Cedric & Wendy C., East Asia – Cedric and Wendy are medical doctors working with OMF International. (Wendy is a pediatrician. Cedric is an HIV specialist.) Cedric and Wendy have been living with their two children in Eastern Asia working in a medical clinic. Currently in New York because of COVID restrictions, they continue to minister remotely.
- Gary & Lois Watanabe, Japan – Career missionaries with our denomination, Gary and Lois moved to Japan in 2015 where they work with the City-to-City Asia Pacific network, helping with a church planting movement in major cities throughout Asia.
- Chris Trimpe, Cru – Through her ministry with Cru, Chris reached out for years to teens in New York City public high schools. Now residing in Boston, she leads the Cru high school outreach team there. We are thrilled to be able to support the great work Chris is doing.
- Macklann & Rose Basse, Togo, West Africa – The Basse’s work with Presbyterian Mission International, serving in their home country of Togo. Rose serves as principal of New Beginnings School, providing education for over 190 children in the city of Lome. Macklann is pastor and planter of Amana Presbyterian Church. He also trains local pastors to plant churches.
- Jim & Carin Fredere, Hillside Community Center for Education – Jim and Carin (members of ACC) reach out to the Muslim community of southern Queens. Their center helps their neighbors to reach their language, education, and career goals, and lovingly share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Mercy Fund and Carework, Astoria – We are committed to helping our church members and others in times of need. With funds provided by our Easter offering, our Diaconal team has assisted individuals and families with needs such as: rent, utilities, medical bills, and counseling expenses. Given the difficult economic realities of living in New York City, it is vital that we remain a congregation that is prepared to help people in need.
- Outreach Ministries, Astoria – ACC members serve in various ways throughout our neighborhood. Part of the Easter offering is used for expenses connected with these ministries, including:
o After-school Homework Help (at the Variety Boys & Girls Club).
o Food Pantry Outreach (with Hour Children)
o Bible Club (sharing Christ with local school-aged children)
o Vacation Bible Club (weeklong summer evening program in nearby park)
o ESL Program (teaching English to our neighbors)
o Safe Families for Children (helping at-risk families in practical ways)
o Faith & Finances (financial literacy training program)
Please pray for these ministries, and for the Easter Outreach Offering. Pray that God will enable us to give generously for the advancement of his kingdom. Our goal for this year’s offering is $25,000.
Pray for the Lord to help you discern what you should give. Any amount will be appreciated and helpful.
We will give our Easter Outreach Offering at the worship services on Easter Sunday, April 17. If you are unable to attend ACC that day, you are welcome to send your offering to the church by mail or online. See astoriachurch.org for information on how to give.
Your brother in Christ,
More in Blog
March 27, 2023Lenten Classics – Worldly Amusements
March 20, 2023Lenten Classics – Praying the Scriptures
March 13, 2023Lenten Classics - Forgiveness